Friday 11 May 2012

Poem: Are You Scared Yet?



Are You Scared Yet?

Someone’s coming for you, my dear,
As you hide under the covers
And tremble in fear.
Are those footsteps that you can hear?
Tell me, are you scared yet?

There’s something coming up the stairs,
So you close your eyes
And whisper your prayers.
It’s the thing that lives in your nightmares.
Listen – are you scared yet?

Is that door creaking or in your head?
You’re wide awake
As you lie in bed.
You cannot move; you feel like lead.
Come on, aren’t you scared yet?

A shadow is growing across the wall,
And you stare at it
As you watch it fall.
You hope to God that it’s nothing at all,
And He asks, “Are you scared yet?”

Something’s breathing beside the bed,
But you cannot see,
You’ve covered your head.
Still you know it’s there, because it said,
“Child, are you scared yet?”

©Lisamarie Lamb 2012 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's good! I like it, Lisamarie. I'm so glad I saved it in my inbox until I could get some time to come back and check it out.
    Thanks for sharing.

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jimmy, I'm so glad you liked it, and thanks for letting me know.

      Delete